Years of experience
Moravian Business College Olomouc is synonymous with modernity and vocational focus. Since the founding of MVSO in 2005, the institution has been led towards excellence in Economics and Management.
The realisation of this vision is evident in the culture of MVSO and the approach to teaching. Experts from the field are an integral part of the academic staff that emphasises practical application of theoretical knowledge from the classroom, while the campus itself is a part of larger regional centre of Olomouc that connects students with prospective employers.
Being the first higher education institution in the Czech Republic with a vocational accreditation for teaching Business underlines MVSO’s commitment to excellence.
Why should students enrol at MVSO? Because they won't be bored with us. We differ from other universities by structuring teaching around seminars, teamwork and, for example, simulation games.
Research and Development
MVSO’s scientific and research output comes from the application of our vocational focus on the needs of the region as well as on emerging areas in the individual fields.
Due to our ongoing research, MVSO was recognised in the List of Research Organizations of the Czech Republic by the Council for Research, Development and Innovation in 2015 as well as by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in 2017.
MVSO is also a member of the Czech Economic Society (CES) in which it contributes towards the development and understanding of economics in the country. Within the CES framework, members of the MVSO academic staff present their research at partner universities while also annually inviting other members of CES to present at MVSO.
MVSO has adhered to the principles outlined in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
MVSO is the first private higher education institution (HEI) in the Czech Republic to boast the prestigious European HR Award in the field of human resources management and scientific excellence.
Regional and Spatial Economics
- Modelling and Analysis of Economic Processes in the Region
- Spationomy (interconnection of economics, management, business informatics and geoinformatics)
- Sustainable Energy Economics and Management
Business Economics and Management
- Business Economics and Management of SMEs
- Smart Healthcare
- Support of Managerial Decision-Making Processes
- Management of Innovations
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Modelling and Analysis of CSR
- CSR in Companies
Selected scientific and research outputs
- PAVLAČKOVÁ M., TADDEI V., On the impulsive Dirichlet problem for second-order differential inclusions, Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations 13 (2020), 1-22. doi: 10.14232/ejqtde.2020.1.13 (IF 1,065, SJR 0,482)
- ZAVADSKA, M., MORALES, L., & COUGHLAN, J. (2020). Brent crude oil prices volatility during major crises. Finance Research Letters,32, 101078. DOI: 10.1016/j.frl.2018.12.026 (IF 1,709, SJR 0,770)
- HÁJEK, M., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J., HELMAN, K., ROZENSKÝ, L. (2019), Analysis of carbon tax efficiency in energy industries of selected EU countries. In. Energy Policy. Pp. 33-41 ISSN: 0301-4215 (IF4.880, SJR 1,988)
- PÁSZTO, V., MACKŮ, K., BURIAN, J., PÁNEK, J., TUČEK, P. (2019): Capturing cross-border continuity: The case of the Czech-Polish borderland. Moravian Geographical Reports, 27(2): 122–138. Doi: 10.2478/mgr-2019-0010 (IF 1.870, SJR 0,445))
- PÁSZTO, V., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J. (2019): Relation of economic and environmental indicators to the European Union Emission Trading System: a spatial analysis, GeoScape 13(1), pp. 1-15, DOI:10.2478/geosc-2019-0001 (IF 0.69)
- ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J. PÁSZTO, V. VÍCHA, J. (2019): Dopady systému obchodování s emisními povolenkami v zemích EU28. In. Scientific Papers of the University of Pardubice, Series D, pp. 171-181 ISSN 1804-8048 (SJR 0,232)
- BURIAN, J., MACKŮ K., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ J. KOČVAROVÁ B. (2019) Spatio-Temporal Changes and Depencies of Land Prices: A Case Study of the City of Olomouc. In. Sustainability PP. Volume 10, Issue 12 https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/10/12/4831 IF 2.075, SJR 0.537 (IF2.592)
- ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J., KRAJŇÁK, M., ŠIROKÝ, J., JÍLKOVÁ E. Does Cigarette Taxation Have an Impact on Reducing Their Consumption? Ekonomický časopis: Journal of Economics: časopis pre ekonomickú teóriu, hospodársku politiku, spoločensko-ekonomické prognózovanie. Bratislava: Slovak Academic Press, 2019. ISSN 0013-3035. (IF 0,843, SJR 0,332)
The aim of this project is to improve students’ interdisciplinary skills by interconnecting different fields – economy, management, business informatics and (geo)informatics/geomatics. They will simulate economic/business analytics issues from real world via games during short-term intensive courses and blended mobility in order to bring economics/business and (geo)information together.