Years of experience
Moravian Business College Olomouc is synonymous with modernity and vocational focus. Since the founding of MVSO in 2005, the institution has been led towards excellence in Economics and Management.
The realisation of this vision is evident in the culture of MVSO and the approach to teaching. Experts from the field are an integral part of the academic staff that emphasises practical application of theoretical knowledge from the classroom, while the campus itself is a part of larger regional centre of Olomouc that connects students with prospective employers.
Being the first higher education institution in the Czech Republic with a vocational accreditation for teaching Business underlines MVSO’s commitment to excellence.
Why should students enrol at MVSO? Because they won't be bored with us. We differ from other universities by structuring teaching around seminars, teamwork and, for example, simulation games.
Research and Development
MVSO’s scientific and research output comes from the application of our vocational focus on the needs of the region as well as on emerging areas in the individual fields.
Due to our ongoing research, MVSO was recognised in the List of Research Organizations of the Czech Republic by the Council for Research, Development and Innovation in 2015 as well as by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in 2017.
MVSO is also a member of the Czech Economic Society (CES) in which it contributes towards the development and understanding of economics in the country. Within the CES framework, members of the MVSO academic staff present their research at partner universities while also annually inviting other members of CES to present at MVSO.
MVSO has adhered to the principles outlined in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
MVSO is the first private higher education institution (HEI) in the Czech Republic to boast the prestigious European HR Award in the field of human resources management and scientific excellence.
Selected scientific and research outputs
- ŠEBESTOVÁ, JARMILA DUHÁČEK, AND CRISTINA RALUCA GH. POPESCU. 2022. Factors Influencing Investments into Human Resources to Support Company Performance. Journal of Risk and Financial Management 15: 19. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm15010019
- PAWLICZEK A, KUROWSKA-PYSZ J, SMILNAK R. Relation between Globe Latitude and the Quality of Life: Insights for Public Policy Management. Sustainability. 2022; 14(3):1461. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14031461 (IF: 3,251; SJR: 0,612)
- MACKŮ, K., VOŽENÍLEK, V., PÁSZTO, V. Linking the quality of life index and the typology of European administrative units. Journal of International Development. ISSN 0954-1748. Dostupné z: doi:10.1002/jid.3586 (IF: 1,821; SJR: 0,533)
- PAVLAČKOVÁ, M, TADDEI, V. Mild Solutions of Second-Order Semilinear Impulsive Differential Inclusions in Banach Spaces. Mathematics. 2022; 10(4):672. https://doi.org/10.3390/math10040672 (IF: 2,258; SJR: 0,495)
- PAVLAČKOVÁ, M., TADDEI, V., Bound Sets Approach to Impulsive Floquet Problems for Vector Second‑Order Diferential Inclusions, Diferential Equations and Dynamical Systems (2022) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12591-021-00586-4 (SJR: 0,312)
- ZIMMERMANNOVA, J.; PAVLIK, L.; CHYTILOVA, E. Digitalisation in Hospitals in COVID-19 Times—A Case Study of the Czech Republic. Economies 2022, 10, 68. https://doi.org/10.3390/economies10030068 (SJR: 0,445)
- PAWLICZEK, A., KOLOS, P., LENORT, R., KOLUMBER, S., WICHER, P. MANAGEMENT TOOLS AND SYSTEMS – USAGE IN LOGISTICS COMPANIES IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC. Acta logistica. 2022, 9(1), 85-98. ISSN 13395629. Dostupné z: doi:10.22306/al.v9i1.273 (SJR: 0,205)
- HOWANIEC, H., KARYY, O., PAWLICZEK, A. The Role of Universities in Shaping Talents—The Case of the Czech Republic, Poland and Ukraine. Sustainability. 2022; 14(9):5476. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14095476 (IF: 3,251; SJR: 0,612)
- PÁSZTO, V., BURIAN, J., & MACKŮ, K. (2021): Changing Mobility Lifestyle : A Case Study on the Impact of COVID-19 Using Personal Google Locations Data. International Journal of E-Planning Research, 10(2), 66–7966–79. https://doi.org/10.4018/IJEPR.20210401.oa6 (SJR 0,353)
- PÁSZTO V, PÁNEK J, GLAS R, VAN VUGHT J. Spationomy Simulation Game–Playful Learning in Spatial Economy Higher Education. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. 2021; 10(2):74. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijgi10020074 (IF 2,899; SJR 0.684)
- PAVLACKA, O., PAVLACKOVA, M. (2021). On the properties of the fuzzy weighted average of fuzzy numbers with normalized fuzzy weights. Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 18(4), 1-17. doi: 10.22111/ijfs.2021.6173 (IF 2,100; SJR 0,350)
- PAVLÍK, L., CHYTILOVÁ, E., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J. Security Aspects of Healthcare Organization from the Perspective of Digitization of Facility Management. WSEAS TRANSACTIONS ON BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS [online]. 2021, 18, 360-366. ISSN 2224-2899. Dostupné z: doi:10.37394/23207.2021.18.36 (SJR 0.158)
- BERNARDOVÁ, D., FINK, M., ARKHANGELSKA, T. Knowledge of the Corporate Social Responsibility Concept as a Part of the Intellectual Capital of Small and Medium-sized Organizations from the Perspective of Lifelong Learning. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education. 2021, roč. 12, č. 6, s. 1330-1338. doi:10.17762/turcomat.v12i6.2473. (SJR 0,218)
- HÁJEK, M., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J., HELMAN, K. Environmental efficiency of economic instruments in transport in EU countries. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. 2021, 100. ISSN 13619209. doi:10.1016/j.trd.2021.103054 (IF: 5,495; SJR: 1,600)
- ZIMMERMANNOVA, J., REDECKER, A. P., MENSIK, M., JUERGENS, C. 2021. "Geospatial Data Analysis and Economic Evaluation of Companies for Sustainable Business Development—An Interdisciplinary Teaching Approach" Sustainability 13, no. 20: 11245. https://doi.org/10.3390/su132011245 (IF: 3,5; SJR:0,612)
- PAVLAČKOVÁ M., TADDEI V., On the impulsive Dirichlet problem for second-order differential inclusions, Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations 13 (2020), 1-22. doi: 10.14232/ejqtde.2020.1.13 (IF 1,065, SJR 0,482)
- ZAVADSKA, M., MORALES, L., & COUGHLAN, J. (2020). Brent crude oil prices volatility during major crises. Finance Research Letters,32, 101078. DOI: 10.1016/j.frl.2018.12.026 (IF 1,709, SJR 0,770)
- PÁSZTO, V., BURIAN, J., & MACKŮ, K. (2020): COVID-19 data sources: evaluation of map applications and analysis of behavior changes in Europe’ s population GEOGRAFIE, 125(2), 3939. DOI:https://doi.org/10.37040/geografie2020125020171 eISSN 1212-0014
- MACKŮ, K.; CAHA, J.; PÁSZTO, V.; TUČEK, P. Subjective or Objective? How Objective Measures Relate to Subjective Life Satisfaction in Europe. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2020, 9, 320. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijgi9050320 eISSN2220-9964
- BURIAN, J.; MACKŮ, K.; ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J.; Nétek, R. Sustainable Spatial and Temporal Development of Land Prices: A Case Study of Czech Cities. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2020, 9, 396. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijgi9060396 eISSN 2220-9964
- BERNARDOVÁ, D., KAŠPAROVÁ, K., FINK, M., IVANOVÁ, K., ARKHANGELSKA, T. Construction and Significance of Corporate Social Responsibility Indices – from Results to the Essence. In. Organizacija 2020, 3, pp. 212-226. DOI: 10.2478/orga-2020-0014
- PÁSZTO, V.; ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J.; SKALIČKOVÁ, J.; SÁGI, J. Spatial Patterns in Fiscal Impacts of Environmental Taxation in the EU. Economies 2020, 8, 104. DOI: 10.3390/economies8040104 eISSN2227-7099
- PAVLAČKOVÁ, M., ŽENČÁK, P. Dirichlet Boundary Value Problem for an Impulsive Forced Pendulum Equation with Viscous and Dry Frictions. Appl Math (2020). https://doi.org/10.21136/AM.2020.0232-19 ISSN0862-7940
- HÁJEK, M., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J., HELMAN, K., ROZENSKÝ, L. (2019), Analysis of carbon tax efficiency in energy industries of selected EU countries. In. Energy Policy. Pp. 33-41 ISSN: 0301-4215 (IF4.880, SJR 1,988)
- PÁSZTO, V., MACKŮ, K., BURIAN, J., PÁNEK, J., TUČEK, P. (2019): Capturing cross-border continuity: The case of the Czech-Polish borderland. Moravian Geographical Reports, 27(2): 122–138. Doi: 10.2478/mgr-2019-0010 (IF 1.870, SJR 0,445))
- PÁSZTO, V., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J. (2019): Relation of economic and environmental indicators to the European Union Emission Trading System: a spatial analysis, GeoScape 13(1), pp. 1-15, DOI:10.2478/geosc-2019-0001 (IF 0.69)
- ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J. PÁSZTO, V. VÍCHA, J. (2019): Dopady systému obchodování s emisními povolenkami v zemích EU28. In. Scientific Papers of the University of Pardubice, Series D, pp. 171-181 ISSN 1804-8048 (SJR 0,232)
- BURIAN, J., MACKŮ K., ZIMMERMANNOVÁ J. KOČVAROVÁ B. (2019) Spatio-Temporal Changes and Depencies of Land Prices: A Case Study of the City of Olomouc. In. Sustainability PP. Volume 10, Issue 12 https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/10/12/4831 IF 2.075, SJR 0.537 (IF2.592)
- ZIMMERMANNOVÁ, J., KRAJŇÁK, M., ŠIROKÝ, J., JÍLKOVÁ E. Does Cigarette Taxation Have an Impact on Reducing Their Consumption? Ekonomický časopis: Journal of Economics: časopis pre ekonomickú teóriu, hospodársku politiku, spoločensko-ekonomické prognózovanie. Bratislava: Slovak Academic Press, 2019. ISSN 0013-3035. (IF 0,843, SJR 0,332)